FPCI-GRIPS Virtual Public Forum
"Update on the European Security Situation and Its Impact to Indo-Pacific"
The ongoing war in Ukraine has permanently changed the architecture of European security and the geopolitical paradigm of the Western world. The international community, including many of the countries in the Indo-Pacific, has condemned the Russian invasion of Ukraine.
The war has continued to destabilize the world economy, including in the Indo-Pacific region, with the disruption of the global supply chain and price shocks for global commodities. There has also been efforts to bar Russia from multilateral avenues such as the G20, UN Human Right Council, ASEAN Regional Forum (ARF), East Asia Summit, APEC, and many more.
In light of this, Foreign Policy Community of Indonesia (FPCI) and National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies (GRIPS) are convening a public forum titled “Update on the European Security Situation and Its Impact to Indo-Pacific.”
- Prof. Dewi Fortuna Anwar, Co-Founder of FPCI
- Amb. Yutaka Iimura, Former Ambassador of Japan to Indonesia; Senior Fellow and Visiting Professor at GRIPS
- H.E. Robert Matheus Michael Tene, Deputy Secretary-General of ASEAN for ASEAN Political-Security Community
- H.E. Lakshmi Puri, Former Assistant Secretary-General, United Nations
- H.E. Masafumi Ishii, Ambassador of Japan to Indonesia (2017-2020)
- Dr. phil. Gudrun Wacker, Senior Fellow at The German Institute for International and Security Affairs (SWP)
- Dr. Shafiah Fifi Muhibat, Deputy Executive Director for Research, Centre for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) Indonesia
- Update on the European Security Situation and Its Impact to Indo-Pacific
- 15.30-17.00 (Jakarta Time)
- 17.30-19.00 (Tokyo Time)
Please visit bit.ly/fpcigrips2022 or click the link below to register. We are looking forward to your participation!
To keep up to date with our events and publications, make sure you are following us on Instagram and Twitter at @FPCIndo.